History

The First Church of Monson, or The Congregational Church, was organized on June 23, 1762 with 24 members. The present church building was dedicated on June 18, 1873 and was the third structure to house this congregation.


The First Church of Monson is a covenantal member of the United Church of Christ (UCC), a denomination of over 5,600 congregations with over 1.2 million members throughout North America. The UCC is both old and new in its history; it was formed in 1957 by the union of two merged faith tradtions, the Congregation Christian Churches and the Evangelical Reformed Church. The First Church of Monson is also a member of the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ (MACUCC) and the Hampden Association of the Massachusetts Conference.


Click here for more information.